Turkey Sausage Bagel
You will need
Turkey Sausage – you can buy pre-made sausages but…you never really know what is in them. I prefer to make my own that way I know what I’m getting. 10 sausage patties approx.
- 2lbs Lean ground turkey (preferably free-range and organic)
- 2tbsp Garlic powder
- 2tbsp Onion powder
- 2tbsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp dried oregano (or thyme, or basil..or all 3)
Mix well in a large bowl then form patties the size of the palm of your hand and spread out on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Bake in a 375 degree (f) oven for about 15-25minutes. I like to just cook these through in the oven,then finish them in a frying pan right before serving to get a nice crust. You can also cook them entirely in a frying pan if you like.
I made mine in advance and then froze them in zip lock bags until I was ready to eat. To defrost in a hurry just wrap them in tin foil and place in a hot oven for 10 minutes while you prep all the other bagel ingredients.
- Bagel of your choice sliced and toasted
- Cream cheese of your choice (or a slice of provolone cheese, melted on top of the sausage)
- 1 organic free-range egg fried
- Baby Spinach
Assemble everything and devour!